Thursday, April 10, 2014

Mementos

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1780789_10202145858220234_1649058618_n.jpg

I went to Mexico last winter.
I took a few pictures.
I made a few drawings.
I bought a couple of quaint hand-crafted small items.
But the coolest souvenir, I acquired were wild seed pods I collected while walking in the country.

Mexico germinates and grows here in SW Idaho, at my South facing window.
Look South my babies. That is the same sun that would nurture you in your home soil.

Growing well, so far :
Agave vivipera
Tagetes lucida : the grandmother to all the marigolds in your garden.
Zinnia - A native white-flowered one.
3 different species of Hechtia
A green Ephedra that grows in high elevation pine-oak woodland
Tigridia species (white-flowered, possibly chiapensis)
A mystery mint (?) with a showy and unusual  red and yellow flower.


These mementos make my world larger.
Through my tender babies, I am still in Mexico.The highlands of Oaxaca are here.
















No comments:

Post a Comment